...I just liked that title...
(made it up myself)
(made it up myself)
I work today, at Costco, for 4.5 hours. It won't be bad, besides, I like making my own money so I can do things I like doing. I also have to budget myself to pay for my car payments, and I'm going to start paying cell-phone payments-mainly because Verizon is filled with a bunch of bastards... I don't really like them right now. AT&T is looking more and more promising everyday. Mainly because of the Blackjack. Anyway-
The other day I realized that I need to work on holding my tongue more often than not. For example: I was walking by the PUB bus stop the other day during a snow storm. There was a narrow path to the door I wanted to go in and two Asians were approaching me from the opposite direction. Due to my ignorance, I was not going to move. So I basically ran into these two Asians. After which I said to them "Oh, excuse me. There's not enough room in American for the three of us!" Then I walked away.
After said incident, I felt a little guilty about what I had said. Then I realized two things: 1.) I need to work on my opinionated soul before I go straight to hell, and 2.) What I said kind of has some truth behind it. The whole 'not enough room' thing applies mainly to the inland North West... so, we can only take in so many Asians, ok? Immigrate to Texas, or America's Bread Basket for crying out loud (Kansas), somewhere that can officially take you in and say "yep, we've got room," not "wow, we're getting a little crowded around here, mmkay?" It's upsetting to know that Asians basically get a free ride to any American college they want because they're foreigners. That's not right in my eyes... And why do they immigrate over here all the time? 2 million a month, I heard (that's a combination of all immigrants, by the way. Though a majority of them are Asian, I presume. Probably because I'm biast, but oh well). What is so bad about Asia that you have to com over here? I mean, I understand the Korea thing, I mean, I wouldn't even live in the safe part of Korea. But China and Japan... come on. And I heard that the entire worlds population could fit within the Texas borders. In Texas. 6 billion people... That's sayin' somethin'...
Well, such is life... Hopefully before Bush resigns from office, he'll be able to crack down on illegal immigration like he has been saying for a while. I love Bush, don't get me wrong, but I'm kind of sick and tired of these immigrants who don't speak english. I am only racist against those individuals who won't adapt to American society. And that starts with learning the language, hokay? Right on, let's do this...
The other day I realized that I need to work on holding my tongue more often than not. For example: I was walking by the PUB bus stop the other day during a snow storm. There was a narrow path to the door I wanted to go in and two Asians were approaching me from the opposite direction. Due to my ignorance, I was not going to move. So I basically ran into these two Asians. After which I said to them "Oh, excuse me. There's not enough room in American for the three of us!" Then I walked away.
After said incident, I felt a little guilty about what I had said. Then I realized two things: 1.) I need to work on my opinionated soul before I go straight to hell, and 2.) What I said kind of has some truth behind it. The whole 'not enough room' thing applies mainly to the inland North West... so, we can only take in so many Asians, ok? Immigrate to Texas, or America's Bread Basket for crying out loud (Kansas), somewhere that can officially take you in and say "yep, we've got room," not "wow, we're getting a little crowded around here, mmkay?" It's upsetting to know that Asians basically get a free ride to any American college they want because they're foreigners. That's not right in my eyes... And why do they immigrate over here all the time? 2 million a month, I heard (that's a combination of all immigrants, by the way. Though a majority of them are Asian, I presume. Probably because I'm biast, but oh well). What is so bad about Asia that you have to com over here? I mean, I understand the Korea thing, I mean, I wouldn't even live in the safe part of Korea. But China and Japan... come on. And I heard that the entire worlds population could fit within the Texas borders. In Texas. 6 billion people... That's sayin' somethin'...
Well, such is life... Hopefully before Bush resigns from office, he'll be able to crack down on illegal immigration like he has been saying for a while. I love Bush, don't get me wrong, but I'm kind of sick and tired of these immigrants who don't speak english. I am only racist against those individuals who won't adapt to American society. And that starts with learning the language, hokay? Right on, let's do this...
"In all our troubles, my joy knows no bounds"
4 comments:
It's spelled biased, not biast.
Hey how about we concentrate on loving others like Christ and not worry so much whether there is enough room for everyone. Just a thought. Have a good day at work!
By assed?
At least the Chinese people don't have to be stuck in communist territory. Immigrants should definitely put forth effort to adapt though. I think there are a lot of them who try.
According to the most recent census, the "Foreign-Born Population by Sex, Age, and World Region of Birth", there are 8,685 Asians in America out of a total of 34,244 immigrants. That's nothing. And as far as over-crowding goes, China and America are roughly the same size--the latter of course being bigger--but we have a population of 301,139,947 and China's population is 1,321,851,888. So really, America is quite roomy--by one billion, 20 million people. Besides which, their government is incredibly oppressive. A government should never decide what music its citizens can and cannot listen to. There are also many third trimester abortions too so the family can benefit from having a son, rather than a daughter who is essentially useless.
About college: it is absolutely not a free ride. They pay a lot of money to be here, studying English, our language, so they can communicate with us better.
America is not really ours, anyway. It was stolen from the people who lived here before us. Anyone who comes to live in this country has as much right to it as those born here. "American" is not a race. No one can claim to be purely so.
More than anything, though, yes, we are Americans and we should feel blessed to have been born here, but we're also part of the world. We are global citizens and as such need to care for everyone.
Post a Comment